Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!!!

Hey Stampers, Today I am at my Upline Jackie's all day Stampin' Up! seminar. I told you in my last post that I have to demonstrator the Circle Scissors Plus. Well if you know me I will research and see what others are doing then build from there. I found on Julia's blog a tutorial on how to make these different flowers using the circle scissors plus.

The big 5 petal yellow flower has a center that is 6" around and the leaves are 4 1/2". That makes one huge flower let me tell you!

The flower with the patterned paper petals is more like a 4 1/2" center with 2" petals.




These "roses" were fun to make. You start out with several different sized circles and run them through your crimper.


Then sponge on some ink so that you give them some definition. Then cut slits around the circle to create each individual petal. Then using a bamboo skewer like you would make kabobs with I rolled each petal around the skewer to create the ruffled effect. I put a pop up glue dot in the center that was covered with micro beads. I put a hole in the center of each circle and slid them on to create the different layers. It's a lot easier then I'm making it sound believe me! I just thought they were really cute.

Keep watch I have a lot to post but don't want to overwhelm you to much. I'm sure I'll have tons more after I see everyones art work at the seminar!!!

Until next time...keep stampin!!

No comments: