Saturday, December 6, 2008

This & That

It's been a while since I've posted. Life just gets a little crazy sometimes. I have to share with you a recent project I made for a Christmas gift exchange with some co-workers. We had to bring a gift between $5-$8. I'm thinking this is pain because you want it to be something nice but that's not much money to work with. So I seen online someone make framed artwork. I stopped at Meijer's and bought a frame that I got on sale for like $3. Went home and in about an hour had created this piece of artwork to go in the frame. I used my Big Shot die cuts to create the words and snowflake. The red snowflake is one of our Felt flurries. The rest is just cardstock and designer paper. I also bought a coffee mug filled with chocolates. The co-worker that received this LOVED IT. She said she thinks they need to have me do a class for them. Several of the others there were eeewwwing and aaahhhing over it. The almost didn't believe that I made it. Guess I've been keeping my creative talents a little to secret from my co-workers.

A big reason I haven't been posting to much is our home remodeling project. The whole week of Thanksgiving I had off work, but I was working at home. I painted my daughter's bedroom. My husband helped on parts of it. We ended up doing 2 coats fo primer on all the trim work. Hubby made all that himself....have I ever told you he's a woodworker? So everthing was bare wood. So we primed it all. Then we did 2 coats of paint on the ceiling. Didn't like how the first coat came out so we redid it.
Then we painted 2 coats of paint on the trim. We let that sit for a day or so while we took off and headed to Shipshewanna for a break for the day.
Then the day after that I went through and taped everything off and I started cutting in on the walls. Hubby then started rolling the walls. After 7 coats of paint here there and everywhere the room is finally painted!!!! UGH!!! Have I ever told you I HATE PAINTING.
The tape ended up coming off on parts of it. By then I was getting a weeee bit "irritated" and so I went and free hand cut in part of the room.
We still have a few things yet to finish up such as wiring the outlets, ceiling fan, doors and drawers for the wardrobe in the corner. We ordered a brushed silver aluminum shade for the window. We have brushed silver hardware for the wardrobe.
Hubby's got to build the wardrobe doors and drawers yet...we're hoping to have this finished and my daughter moved in by Christmas. With both girls in one room together....a 14yo and 16yo its been a bit testy at times in our house. I'l be glad to get them seperated into their own spaces again!





















































































No comments: